The Sri Lanka Navy Open Shooting Championship 2015 was held at the Navy Shooting Complex in Welisara from 10th to 17th March 2015 for the third consecutive year by the Navy in collaboration with the National Sport Shooting Federation. The Commander of the Navy, Vice Admiral Jayantha Perera graced the occasion on the final day as the Chief Guest and gave away the trophies to the champions, Sri Lanka Army, and the Runners-up, Sri Lanka Navy.
The Director General Training of the Navy, Rear Admiral Udaya Bandara, the President of the National Rifle Association, Air Vice Marshal Krishan Yahampath, the Director General Services of the Navy, Rear Admiral Dharmendra Wettewa, Surgeon Commodore Isajith Jayasinghe, Commodore Udaya Sumanasekera, the Director Naval Sports Commodore Deshapriya Hettiarachchi, the Naval Assistant, Commodore Meril Sudarshana and the Deputy Area Commander Western Naval Area, Commodore KG Paul, gave away the trophies and medals to the winners of the respective events.
Over 300 competitors from renowned shooting clubs in the island including those of the tri-forces, Police and representatives of schools competed at the tournament. Therefore, this was a golden opportunity for the SLN shooting team to compare the talents with those of outside competitors.
The final results of the championship are as follows:
• Best Shooter Rifle (Men): SMM Samarakoon, Sri Lanka Navy
• Best Shooter Rifle (Women): KKG Perera, Sri Lanka Navy
• Best Shooter (Junior - Men): WHP Madushanka, Sri Lanka Navy
• Best Shooter (Junior - Women): P Vasudevan, Magnum Shooting Club
• Best Pistol Shooter (Men): S Fernando, Magnum Shooting Club
• Best Pistol Shooter (Women): AIDA Kulathunga, Sri Lanka Navy